Wednesday, March 4, 2009

don't you just hate it

Well I've missed some time, I thought that driving more than halfway across the country and back WITHOUT A COMPUTER would buy me a little slack...but nooooo. Even if the drive was for a good cause (really crappy reason but a good cause). But, I have been informed otherwise so I'm back.
I just wasted about an hour and a half watching a REALLY bad movie. A movie that no one else has even heard of, a movie that the studio, after making it, said, oh the hell with it lets just put it out on DVD, maybe some sucker will rent it.
The reason that I got to watch this cinematic gem is simple, my mom-in-law thought that she was renting something else. She thought that she rented The Day The Earth Stood Still but what she actually rented was The Day The Earth Stopped. It stars....oh who the hell knows who it stars...a bunch of people that no one has EVER heard of and then those people have extras.
Everyone else in the house had the good sense to leave during the credits, but not me.
This might just be a hidden gem that only I will know about. Then after I have "discovered" this hidden masterpiece, I will be able to smugly recommend to my friends and family, thus gaining accolades for uncovering an Indie masterpiece.
Alas, this is not to be.
The movie is basically this...naked semi-hot alien chick lands on earth packing 666 big ass robots.
Earth bad, must wipe out earthlings before we spread out into universe, so we stop Earth from spinning around using aforementioned big ass robots. HUH???
Earth stops spinning, all big buildings, Ferris wheels and the Eiffel Tower fall down go boom.
Semi hot, now clothed, alien chick sees earth baby being born, decides that Earth people NOT bad, starts Earth spinning again. Earth people learn lesson??? not be bad anymore...THE END!!!
Minor issue here, aside from the fact that the aliens show up naked, semi-hot and looking COMPLETELY HUMAN (mascara and everything). Doesn't the rotation of the Earth keep shit DOWN?! If you stopped the Earth from spinning shouldn't the big buildings fall up?
Aside from the bad acting, the horrible script, the inane dialogue, "your planet has less than an hour to survive, your family is scared, you should be with them" (no shit that's really in there). The fact that the Earth is ending in an hour is a BIG SECRET. It is being held back from the populace to prevent a panic. so why are they scared?? Besides, if the panic is only going to last an hour...why not just make a worldwide announcement and FREAK EVERYONE OUT?
On top of all of that I have deal with shit FALLING DOWN INSTEAD OF UP.
I guess the director never heard the saying "Stop the planet I want to get off". If it did he would.
Sigh....sometimes you watch shit to see if it gets better. Sadly most of the time it doesn't
At least it wasn't a Bo Derek movie.

1 comment:

  1. Did Frances Kay at least pour you a big goblet o'vino? Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete