Thursday, March 5, 2009

reality bites

OK I admit it, there are a few "reality" shows that are must sees at the abode.
First (I am ashamed to admit) is American Idol. After watching some of the intro shows, I can sit back secure in the knowledge that my shower time crooning isn't really all that bad. Hey I might not get a golden ticket but, with enough alcohol in the audience, people at least wouldn't be saying "what the hell was he thinking". After the finalists have been chosen I can sit back and judge the fates of those few brave souls that have the guts to go on stage in front of millions and be crucified by the judges.
They are pitchy, flat, nasally, have poor song choices and sing like an out of control drunk at a redneck wedding. If I had to do what those poor saps do I would be lucky to get A note out, much less a whole song. All the while knowing that the people deciding my fate are millions of couch potatoes that can't hit a note to begin with.
I am sure that during one show we are going to see someone have a total loss of bladder control.
And I will be entertained.
Morbidly, sadistically and completely entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment