Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Government double talk

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of government. I am not a fan of bail outs and I believe that most politicians are such liars that if they told the truth their tongues would snap off in their mouths and they would choke to death.
That said, I read in the paper this morning yet another article that keeps me at a constant low state of rage against the government and politicians.
As most know, the South has been under a severe drought for the last several years. To combat this our local officials and the local electric and water monopoly (JEA) have spent millions of dollars running ads touting the benefits of water and electric conservation.
According to the local fish wrap JEA is now saying that those ads have worked TO WELL. Water use in Jacksonville is down nearly 1000 gallons per month per household and electric use is down also. A good thing you say, NO, now we are facing another rate increase because revenues are down BECAUSE OF CONSERVATION.
JEA is the only game in town, if you want electricity or water you have to be a JEA customer. In the last 2 years rates in Jacksonville have been increased 124%. The last increase was in October '08. Now we are being told that if we conserve they will just raise rates to match pre-conservation revenues!
This is absolutely outrageous!
This sh*t happens at every single level of government. When are the people in this country going to wake the f*uck up!
There are NOT 2 parties running government now there are only the REPUBLICRATS.
We as a people need to vote these sorry S.O.B.'s out of office and the sooner the better.
For the last several elections I have voted for 3rd party candidates whenever one was on the ballot. If no third party candidate is available I vote against the incumbent. People have told me that I am throwing away my vote.
Absolutely not, I have voted my conscience.
Unless we as the people of the United States wake up we deserve what we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment