Sunday, February 15, 2009

A daily post?

I stayed up late last night doing the traditional Valentine thing (watching boxing on HBO until 1:00 AM) and then stumbled off to bed to get my well deserved few hours of sleep. Just as I was about to fall asleep my wife asks "did you blog today? You know you're supposed to post something DAILY".
Excuse me...did you just say I had to write something down DAILY??!!
I don't eat enough fiber to even be regular DAILY....I even get a day off from work at least once a week. What cyber sadist is out there watching over all of the web pages in the world making sure that we all write something down DAILY?
I thought that this was more on the lines of, if you notice something during your day that you feel might be worthy of comment, you just post it on your little blog and go on about your daily routine. But noooo... I let myself get suckered into writing down some inane rambling in a blog and all unknowing I have entered into a contract with the devil.
I evidently did this without having any memory of going to a crossroad or signing anything in blood. I even checked my palm and fingertips to find out where the blood that I signed in came from. I believe that this is the first time in my life that I have sleepwalked or signed a contract of lifetime servitude.
Anyway now I have PRESSURE! What will I write about? Something funny, sad, pithy, witty, sarcastic, cynical, mean, inspiring , caustic or confused? And, if I start out writing something humorous do I have to stay humorous or can I switch and try for something else? I mean football season will be here in a few months and that will be my consuming passion until the next off season. Am I allowed to switch gears and start writing sports commentary? Do I write stories about my family (family members reading this better be nice to me because I have something on ALL of you), friends, pets and neighbors? I guess I'll just have to figure this out as I go along.
The smell of brimstone is fading so I must have fulfilled the terms of the contract for the day...I wonder how many strikes I get before the BAD parts of the contract get enforced.
I need to go now and soak my fingertips in peroxide...I seem to have acquired a cut....

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment before....I think your soul is safe - good start for "daily"

    ReplyDelete