Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just a moment ago

Oh my freaking god...I looked at the page and thought where the hell did the time go. I thought that 5-6 months worth of postings were what I missed. After all we burned out the modem in November and maybe I hadn't posted in a month before that....over a year...wow.
I can't believe that I remembered my password! I can't believe that the site did either.
Where did the time go?
The Rog mentioned to me once before that the part that sticks with him from the movie Bagger Vance is when Vance tells Junah "no suh, it was just a moment ago".
It seems like just a few days ago that I sat down and wrote that post about Dwayne..over a year...wow.
It was just last week, Elisha and I were sitting around a fire at the wing ding...and just last summer I was drowning Kevin and Max and Chewy in the pool. And just a few weeks ago I was at the Milltop in St Augustine proposing to my lovely bride (romantic picture huh)...I did set it up with the musician made sure the right music was playing and everything.
And it was just the other day that Tori was jumping off of the high tower at Stricklands Landing.
And it wasn't that long ago that I went skiing almost every week with Scott, Mo, Jerry, Dawn and the gang...I clearly remember graduating high school...no way it was over 30 years ago...
I remember a lot of firsts...
the first time I saw my nieces and nephews...they started you guys off really small
my first regular job...sweeping out the entryways at Heritage apartments, $25 weekly
The first time I saw the Rog (from the perspective of a kid laying down on the ground he looked about 12 feet tall)
My first concert...38 Special and Charlie Daniels...
My first car, my 1st 10 speed, my 1st set of golf clubs...ironically all of those were given to me by Dale and he took every one of them back....hmmmm
The first time I saw Tori (she was purple and covered with icky stuff and NOT beautiful no matter what Dawn and Jeanie say)...she became beautiful
The first time I met Elisha...our first kiss....
And I think of all of the stuff that I mean to do...you know, the stuff that you have to get to, but never seem to and then when you look up...time has passed...sometimes weeks and months, sometimes years....And you never got around to telling everyone how much they mean to you. How much you appreciate their calls and letters and e-mails. You never got around to taking the time to let them know how it has been your privilege to watch some of them them grow into young men and women starting their own lives. You never really sat down with your family, mom and dad, brother, sister...even the in-laws (mine are great) and told them how much you love them and how they have shaped you into the person that you are today (take it easy moms and dads it isn't ALL your fault).
Time passes so quickly... and all of those things that have brought you and me and everyone to this place in our lives and shaped us into the individuals that we are didn't happen in a dim and murky past...
It was just a moment ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment